2/23/2012

HBM's Ideal Mii Fighting Game

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been posting since the last review, but shit comes up now and then, so... yeah.

Okay, I've been kind of irritated lately, because the "Wii ______" games have been okay at best. Y'know, Wii Party, Wii Play Motion, shit like that. Y'know what Nintendo needs to make? A Mii fighting game!

Now, I know that Zelda: Skyward Sword was the last Nintendo licensed game for the Wii, but this could be made for the 3DS and Wii U. And here are the ideas I have for what it would be like.

First of all, characters. This game would have to allow you to use all your Miis in your plaza. I wouldn't want the Miis to be dressed generically, like with Wii Party and Wii Sports: I would want full costume customization! Being allowed to use different outfit parts from different Nintendo games (Like a Bowser mask, or a Princess Zelda dress), with each part increasing or decreasing your stats. What kind of stats? I would think they would be Strength, Speed, Endurance, Weight, and Special Skills. Or maybe the customization would be more like a Soul Calibur game, I dunno. I also hope to be able to do different victory themes from various Nintendo games for each character.

I would also hope to be able to choose what kind of attacks and stuff you have. Like, maybe some of the different attacks from the various Smash Bros. games, and maybe 8 or 10 generic, pre-made moves for each type of attack. Also, hopefully you would be able to record voices* instead of having the generic Mii voices like in Mario Kart Wii and shit like that.

When it comes to modes, I'm not really looking for much. An arcade mode (just advancing through fights until the Final Boss, who you select), a custom story mode (kind of like Dissidia 012's Custom Quest Creation), a Versus Mode, some kind of replay/snapshot viewer, and maybe some minigame types of things (stuff like Smash Bros.'s Target Test, Home Run Contest, and Race to the Finish).

For stages, I have 2 different ideas. The first is to use about 10 stages representing the Mii titles and Wii/3DS/WII U in general, and maybe 20 or 30 other stages from various Nintendo games. The second idea is to take a picture to use as the background of the stage, and make the platforms and stuff with pre made stuff, like the Smash Bros Brawl stage creator. Of course, this could just be it's own separate thing. I would hope the music would make sense for each stage.

When it comes to gameplay, I'm thinking it would be a Smash Bros. Clone. It could even include some of the same items as the Smash Bros series (Home Run Bat, Beam Sword, Capsule), while also including items that are references to the Mii games (Fencing sword, tennis racquet, frisbee), and maybe even some references to Nintendo's history (like a Wii Remote that moves enemies away or toward you, or a game cartridge that summons characters from its' game, to replace Assist Trophies and Pokeballs). Think that's too much?

Well, that's kind of all I really want when it comes to a Mii fighting game. Maybe the title would be Wii Fight, or Mii Brawl, or something like that. Of course, I'm probably getting my hopes up on the possibility of this... hmm.... maybe I should start a petition...

HBM, Signing Out.
--
* This is partly so I can make my game/anime related Miis quote themselves when they attack and shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hai comments!