6/08/2012

HBM's E3 Reactions

Wow. I was not prepared for the amount of disappointment that there was at this year's E3. Normally, I only follow Nintendo and maybe some other companies who are showcasing games I want, but this was just... oh my god.

I'm just going to talk about the parts that interested me. By the way, I was a fool for hoping Smash Bros. 4 would be there. I mean, they're just starting development, right? Well, here we go.

Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse: I wasn't expecting a new Family Guy game at all. Considering the last one was average, this one seems like it'll be better just from the concept. Looking forward to it.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: I didn't see the previous trailer that revealed the name and gameplay change, so I didn't really know what to expect. But HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS HARDCORE! You can murder a fucking HELICOPTER!!! WITH A SWORD!!!! 'Nuff said!


Wii U and it's Games: The Wii U looks pretty good, but they mostly seemed to just show off the capabilities of the system this time. The Miiverse concept looks interesting, but I don't see the point of certain things, like the TVControl button. Because normal remotes totally don't work now.

Onto the games I'm interested in: New Super Mario Bros. U is the one I'm looking forward to the most. A MAIN Mario game that lets us play as our Miis?! TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO!!!! Wii Fit U looks like it'll keep my interest longer than Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus did. NintendoLand has some serious potential. I'm definitely getting Arkham City: Armored Edition, since I recently got Arkham Asylum, and it looks better than just plain Arkham City. Finally, Project P-100. This looks like it could be really interesting and fun, and it seems like it's already been executed perfectly. Nintendo knows what they're doing here.

3DS Games I'm Interested In: The 3DS panel seemed to be a bit better than some of the others. New Super Mario Bros. 2 finally got some details, but I have to wonder why there are all these games under the "New" SMB name. Why not just "Super Mario Bros. 3D" and "Super Mario Bros. U?" Whatever. Fire Emblem Awakening could potentially be interesting, along with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

By the way, at Square's panel, there was nowhere near enough KH3D. I'm also disappointed at the lack of a full length trailer like BbS received. Hopefully, that demo is coming soon... At least we finally got some english gameplay of Theatrhythm.

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed: I ended up not watching anything that has to do with this. Go figure.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale: Well, this really seems like it'll be cool, probably the 2nd best Smash Bros. clone of the last 2 years (right behind Punch Time Explosion XL). I like how they revealed Nathan Drake as a playable character.

South Park: The Stick of Truth: Finally, some actual details about this game! The plot seems great, the characterizations are perfect, I love how it looks exactly like the show currently does; it just seems perfect! I also like how you make your own character to play as, but then again, I always like stuff like that. I'm just kind of pissed that it won't be out until next March.

Well, those are my thoughts on E3, or at least, the stuff that interested me. Can't wait for all this to come out! I need me some KH3D!

HBM, signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hai comments!