11/04/2013

HBM Reviews: Sonic Lost World

Rise against the Deadly Six!
So hey. Another Sonic game has come out once again. And considering that the Sonic series has been on something of a winning streak ever since Colors, you can bet your ass I was excited for this one. But was this one worth the hype? Let's find out.

The plot this time is that Sonic and Tails discover a planet-like thing called the Lost Hex while fighting Eggman. While here, Eggman takes control of a new set of enemies called the Deadly Six, who he sends to destroy Sonic. But after a major fuck-up, the Deadly Six betray Eggman, and now our heroes have to team up with their worst enemy to stop these new enemies from destroying Earth.

This game has a new control style that really reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy. Apparently Sega incorporated aspects of an unfinished game called "Sonic X-Treme" for this game. Now, Sonic has access to a bunch of new abilities, such as wall-running, various parkour-like moves, a new Multi-Targeting Homing Attack, a kicking Homing Attack, and a triple-bounce to get up higher. Overall, while the controls take a while to get used to, it's a cool new scheme, but I still prefer the style of the Adventure games.

Really, my only problem with this game is that some levels are unfairly difficult. I swear, if it wasn't for that wing-power-up-thing, I probably wouldn't have beaten World 4-2 for hours. Other than that, this is a pretty good game. I wouldn't say it's my new favorite Sonic game, but it's still solid.

HBM, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hai comments!