2/07/2014

HBM's Top Ten Gamecube Games

Hello, everyone. I recently got Wind Waker HD, and I've just been having a blast reliving this already glorious game IN HD! And that got me to thinking of what the ten greatest Gamecube games are. I still had to do this list anyway since I never did it before the Wii one.
#10: SSX 3


While SSX Tricky is probably the most famous game, SSX 3 is the best in the series. You can customize your characters, the soundtrack is awesome, and the gameplay is extreme. 'Nuff said.

#9: Tales of Symphonia


While kind of primitive by more modern standards, Tales of Symphonia is still a pretty good game in it's own right, With an engaging battle system, character relationships that actually develop, and a story that actually isn't all that linear, this game still holds up, though not quite as much as others.

#8: Shadow the Hedgehog


I know everyone seems to hate this game since it's a Sonic game with guns and swearing, starring Shadow. But those just happen to be the reasons I love this game. It's also the first game I ever played with real guns so... yeah. I don't care how stupid this game is, I love it.

#7: The Spongebob Squarepants Movie


Like just about everyone until about 5 years ago or so, I loved Spongebob when I was younger. And i also loved the Spongebob movie. And even though movie games suck most of the time, I have loved the movie's video game ever since I first played it. It has nearly perfect (and fun) gameplay, infinite lives making more frustrating segments much easier, and a large variety of challenges. Seriously one of the few movie games that doesn't suck.

#6: Kirby Air Ride


It's Kirby. Racing. And it's pretty much the closest we're getting to having Kirby on Mario Kart so... yeah. Anyway, there's so much to do in this game, and it's just so much fun to play, it's outstanding enough to make you forgive the lack of a regular Kirby game on the Gamecube.

#5: Pokemon Colosseum


Pokemon Colosseum was 3D before X and Y. And it's an awesome game in it's own merit. The Shadow Pokemon mechanic works fine, and outside the main story, you can connect your GBA to the game and have your normal team face off against others! It's so good!

#4: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker


Wind Waker got a bad rep when it was first released because "ITZ NUT REELIZTIK KARTUN GRAFIX MEENZ 4 KIDZ LOL," but it's definitely one of the better Zeldas out there. It's also one of the most gorgeous games ever, with the original version's graphics still holding up beautifully. Sure, sailing is kind of tedious, and the Triforce Quest is kind of bullshit, but otherwise, this is an amazing game.

#3: Metroid Prime


Metroid was a good enough series in just 2 dimensions, but adding a third dimension just added to what makes it great! Metroid Prime is action-packed, awesome, just plain fun.

#2: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess


Yes, I know Twilight Princess is also a Wii game. However, I have the Gamecube game, and the Wii version was just a hasty port to justify early purchases of the Wii, so I consider it Gamecube first. Anyway, Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zelda games. It has probably the best sword techniques in the series, amazing bosses, an engaging story and great music. I just don't see why people didn't like this one.

#1: Super Smash Bros. Melee


You saw this coming. If you didn't, you've lost your breathing privileges forever. The original Super Smash Bros. was good enough, but this is how much improvement it gets when it got an actual budget!  There's so much content, you'll spend years trying to find everything! The controls are great, the music is awesome, it's just the best experience on the Gamecube. Bar none.

And that's my top ten Gamecube games. Now back to doing other things.

HBM, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hai comments!