4/21/2014

HBM's Top Ten PS2 Games

Hello, all the peoples. So, I was playing some HD re-releases on the PS3 the other day, and I began to wonder what my favorite PS2 games are. Well, here's the list I came up with. Like always, it's only games I've actually played.

#10: Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening


If you want a game that makes you feel like a badass once you've mastered the controls, DMC3 is the game for you. It has the best acting and controls of the original DMC series, and the boss battles are just epic. The Special Edition is even better, since it lets you play as Vergil and includes some extra goodies.

#9: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty


While Metal Gear Solid 2 may be a bit of a controversial game among fans, you can't deny it vastly improved upon the controls from the original MGS. Along with introducing Raiden, who would go on to become one of the series' greatest badasses, this game helped usher the Metal Gear series into the new millennium. And it sure did one hell of a job.

#8: Shadow of the Colossus


At first, I thought this game was vastly overrated and frustrating. But as I continued to play it, I came to love SotC more and more. It has the bare basics that game needs and not much else, but damn it, that's all it needs! It has amazing visuals for the PS2, intense boss battles, and glorious music. Just a beautiful experience.

#7: Kingdom Hearts


The first Kingdom Hearts, to be honest, isn't really as good as most people seem to think. I mean, it's a great game, don't get me wrong, it's just kind of overrated. I still love it, just not to the extent that I love most of the other KH games. The Final Mix version is a bit better.

#6: God of War 2


The God of War games are really badass, and GoW2 is a great example of that. It has epic battles and combos and all that awesome stuff you'd expect from a God of War game.

#5: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3


Dragon Ball Z was my fucking childhood, so of course I'm a fan of the games. The Budokai series were the first T-rated games I played, and they're good, but Budokai 3 is the best one. It has the most varied controls, characters from all three Dragon Ball series, and some of the best Ultimate attacks. Any DBZ fan will tell you this is an awesome game.

#4: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3


Again, another great Dragon Ball Z game. It may not have as expansive of a story mode, but it has a gigantic cast of characters, many modes, and much improved gameplay from its' predecessors.

#3: Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories


A 3D remake of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for GBA, and since that was my favorite GBA game, well, you know I enjoyed this one. Not only is it 3D, there are extra cards, enemies, cutscenes, and voice acting. It all just improved on an already great game.

#2: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater


While some saw MGS2 as kinda iffy, MGS3 is universally agreed upon as being the high point of the series. It has some of the best controls, a solid story that stands on it's own, and really improved upon the series' mythology. Really, there's not much that hasn't been said about this game.

#1: Kingdom Hearts II


Of course, all the PS2 Kingdom Hearts games are on this list. Kingdom Hearts II has the best gameplay, bosses, music, and some of the best secrets. Of course, the Final Mix version is a little better.

So those are my favorite PS2 games, and now I'm gonna go do things.

HBM, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hai comments!