10/06/2014

First Few Episodes Of Gotham: My Impressions

Why yes, I do, thank you for ask- oh, that's not what it says...
So, I just watched the first few episodes of the new Batman TV show, Gotham. Before watching, I wasn't sure whether I would like it, but after watching, I can safely say I'm excited for the rest of the series.

The premise of the series is, it follows a young Jim Gordon, new on the Gotham City Police Force, And, of course, his first case is the murder of young Bruce Wayne's parents. There's plenty of familiar Batman characters, including a teenage Selina Kyle (Catwoman), Edward Nygma (Riddler) working for the Police, and Oswald Cobblepot (Penguin) as a lowly assistant for one of the crime lords. So far, each episode as focused on a new case for the GCPD to deal with, while also building on Jim's relationships with Bruce Wayne, and his fiancee Barbara.*

So far, I've gotta say, the casting is spot on. Cobblepot being thin is a bit weird, but I can deal with it, since it's an origin story. The stories have been interesting, and I think it's cool to get a brand new, unique perspective on the origins of both Batman and Jim Gordon.

Anyway, just my quick thoughts on the beginning of Gotham. At the end of every season, I'll post my perspective on the season as a whole. I'm definitely going to be following this series.

HBM, signing out.
---
*That last one really confuses me, because Gordon's daughter is supposed to be named Barbara, so, like, is something going to happen to this Barbara that inspires Jim to name his future daughter after her? Should I expect horrible death?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hai comments!