1/20/2015

HBM's Top Ten Games of 2015 I'm Most Excited For

Well, it's been 2015 for 20 days now, and there are quite a few games scheduled to come out this year. Here are the 10 I'm most excited for.

#10: Splatoon


I've been steadily getting more into shooters over the past couple years, and Splatoon seems like a perfect entry-level shooter for kids. The color and stylized graphics make it appealing, and Nintendo has said it will be like Mario Kart, where skill doesn't matter all that much. I really want this to succeed and become a franchise.

#9: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD


I'm breaking my own rule of not including re-releases on these lists, but only for games that were previously Japan-only. Anyway, this game has you taking control of a small army of soldiers-in-training, mowing down Final Fantasy enemy armies. It all seems fairly cool and epic. Also, it's the first Final Fantasy to be rated M, so... some shit's gonna go down.

#8: Mortal Kombat X


After the successes of the previous Mortal Kombat and Injustice, you know we were waiting for a new Mortal Kombat. And now, 4 years later, the 10th game comes! It seems to be a combination of the previous game and Injustice, with alternate variations of each character. Seems quite legit, though there aren't much revealed characters yet.

#7: Godzilla


After seeing the new Godzilla movie last year, I learned that Japan was getting a new Godzilla game for the PS3, and I prayed that it would come to America. And, lo and behold, my prayers were answered! You can even play as the new Godzilla, and some trailers and screenshots seem to imply a battle between Classic Godzilla and New Godzilla, which is cool!

#6: Zelda Wii U


I'm actually skeptical that this will release this year, given that it doesn't even have an official name yet. However, it's currently listed to be coming this year, so... yeah. Anyway, Nintendo is trying to get back to the roots of Zelda, making the entire game basically a Zelda-style Skyrim, so it seems pretty legit from what has been shown.

#5: Dragon Ball Xenoverse


At worst, Dragon Ball games are mediocre (as was the case with Battle of Z last year). From what I've seen, Xenoverse has very interesting concepts, but considering what happened with Battle of Z, I have my doubts about the gameplay. Once I get my hands on it, I'll be able to determine how good it is, but until then, I'm pining for the return of Tenkaichi/Raging Blast-style gameplay.

#4: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End


The Uncharted games are always really good, and from what I've seen of gameplay, this seems to be exactly what you would expect when you think "Next-Gen Uncharted." Definitely a game all Naughty Dog fans will need to play.

#3: J-Stars Victory Vs +


Yet another previously-Japan-exclusive, J-Stars Victory Vs + is a crossover between many of the Shonen Jump manga series, both cancelled and still running. It's now coming to America, with an Arcade Mode, and the possibility of new and/or removed characters. Unfortunately, there's no English voice track, but I can live with that, especially after Project X Zone and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2.

#2: Batman: Arkham Knight


This game was supposed to come out last October, but maybe the extra development time is a good thing. This seems to be what the previous Arkham games were leading up to, a giant, epic, grand Batman adventure around Gotham. The Bat-hype is real.

#1: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain


This game has been delayed endlessly for the past 3-4 years, I think it's coming much later this year, or possibly early 2016. Really, what is there to say about MGSV that hasn't been said already I mean, the new Metal Gear Online trailers were pretty cool, but seriously, we need the release date already.

Well, those are the games of 2015 I'm most excited for. Honorable mention to Majora's Mask 3D, because that's a thing.

HBM, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hai comments!