9/12/2015

HBM News: 9/5/15-9/12/15

Now that I'm back, I want to update more frequently, and what better way than to sum up news that has interested me this week? This will be news that pertains to video games, anime, movies, whatever I care about. Also, if I've started playing a game that I don't think I'll review (or a re-release of some kind), I'll cover my thoughts on it in these posts. Anyway, onto this week's news!
Street Fighter V: A new character has been confirmed: Rashid, a Middle-Eastern character who fights with wind-based attacks. For some reason, he has a scouter, so that's cool. Rashid is the 2nd newcomer confirmed for this game, Necalli having been the first, and there will be 2 more newcomers in the base game.

Mortal Kombat X: After much teasing, Kombat Pack 2 has finally been confirmed. It's been confirmed to have 4 characters and some character skins, just like Kombat Pack 1, and will feature a new stage. It's coming sometime next year, and I'm definitely looking forward to it, considering how good the first Kombat Pack was.

Hyrule Warriors Legends: A whole bunch of new stuff has been confirmed for this one. So, Toon Link will be playable, with 3 Wind Waker stages confirmed (Windfall Island, Dragon Roost Island, and Forsaken Fortress), new enemies including the Helmaroc King as a boss, and new items (Hammer, Golden Ocarina, and Owl Statue). All of this will be transferable to the Wii U version, but only if you have both. Coming early next year.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven: This is the sequel to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, which I talked about in my last post. It's going to be a 3D 2v2 fighter, with more open environments. For this update, Rohan Kishibe, Okuyasu Nijimura, and Kosaku Kawajiri were confirmed to be returning from All Star Battle, and the Japanese release date was revealed to be December 17. The pre-order bonus is Part 4 Jotaro, who can't be used alongside Part 3 Jotaro. This game will be making an appearance at Tokyo Game Show next week, so I hope they'll confirm an international release there.

Super Mario Maker: This was released just yesterday... and I wish I had preordered. Just from The Completionist's review, I'm extremely jealous of everyone who has the game, and since I don't have much money, I won't be able to get it for quite awhile. At least I can get it for Christmas... Oh yeah,. they also released 2 new amiibo for this game that unlock Mega Mushrooms for use in game.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: So, there's already a major, game-breaking bug with this game. Apparently, if you use Quiet as a buddy on Missions 29 or 42, there's a chance you won't be able to progress through the game anymore. Konami's currently working on the problem, so hopefully it'll be patched soon. The review will be up sometime next week.

Shovel Knight: The Plague of Shadows DLC pack will be coming out on the 17th. It's free for all platforms, and lets you play a new story as Plague Knight. Considering he was one of the more crazy bosses in the game, I have a feeling this will be a lot of fun, and I can't wait for the other DLC to be released.

Project X Zone 2: New screenshots have been shown, confirming returning characters and newcomers. Returning characters include Zephyr, Vashyron, and Leanne from Resonance of Fate, and Heihachi from Tekken. Newcomers include Captain Commando from the game of the same name, BB Hood from Darkstalkers, June Lin Milliam from Star Gladiator, and Segata Sanshiro from the Japanese Sega Saturn commercials. New enemies include Shadow from Space Channel 5, Zagi from Tales of Vesperia, and Azure Kite from .hack. Like I've said, the first PXZ is one of the best 3DS games, and the fact that it's getting a sequel is awesome. The fact that it's been delayed to next year... isn't.

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth: The PC release date has been confirmed as October 30th. According to Edmund McMillen, the expansion will add 10 challenges, over 1000 rooms, 25 new enemy types, and over 500 new items, promising over 100 hours of new gameplay. Console release dates are unknown, on PC it'll be $9.99 as a stand-alone (I think?).

God Eater Resurrection: It's a remake of Gods Eater Burst, one of the most underrated games on the PSP, for the PS4 and Vita. It'll have features from God Eater 2 and expand upon the storyline. Hopefully, this will actually come out in America, unlike GE2, and since it's going to be at TGS, it looks like that might be the case. Coming in Japan on October 29th.

And now, like I said before, I'll talk about the game I've recently started playing.

Skullgirls: 2nd Encore: It's a Street Fighter/Marvel vs Capcom-style fighting game, with a mostly female playable cast, and hand-drawn sprites. It's really good, and reminds me of Darkstalkers, but the trophies are just... how am I expected to get half of these?! Nevertheless, this is a great game, and I could see it becoming a big series in the future.

So, that's this week's news. Sorry it's taken me so long to review MGSV, I've been preparing a bunch of posts, and MGSV is such a huge game. Anyway, that'll come by the end of the week.

HBM, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hai comments!