10/04/2015

HBM News: 9/27/15-10/3/15

It's time for another news update! Just like last week, there's not much to talk about this week, but I actually have been playing a few games I'm going to talk about here! Anyway, here's the news for this week.

Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS: I made a post on the DLC, which you can read here. Also, people have datamined the files added in the update, discovering 3 empty files for characters, and 3 empty files for stages. So, basically, we now know we'll be getting at least 3 more characters and at least 3 more stages as DLC. which is cool.

The Angry Video Game Nerd II: ASSimilation: A couple years ago, Screwattack released a game based on the Angry Video Game Nerd: AVGN Adventures. It was a really difficult, but pretty cool platformer where you played as the Nerd and his friends. Now, it's getting a sequel, and the Nerd is getting some upgrades. This time, you can slide on walls and jump off them like Mega Man X, and you can now swim! The plot will involve saving the world, and in the end of the trailer, a boss based on Mr. Bucket from Board James appears. I know I'm looking forward to this, but hopefully, the home console releases won't take a goddamn eternity to release this time.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven: We got another new character teased this week, and it's actually an original character made just for this game! All we know at the moment is that he has long hair and a white coat. We also got some story details: the story begins with the fight between Jotaro and DIO, Old Joseph will meet up with both Young Joseph and Caesar at some point, and Jotaro will team up with Giorno. All pretty cool stuff.

Street Fighter V: Zangief has been confirmed to be returning, which is kinda surprising to me, considering we already have another wrestler in R. Mika. He seems to have been buffed, and I'm alright with that. Famitsu also accidentally leaked a new character, Laura. She's a Brazilian martial artist who fights with electric attacks... so I guess we're not getting Blanka this time (except maybe as DLC).

And now, onto the games I've been playing lately.

Assassin's Creed: I played this game once, years ago, and I just couldn't get into it. Now, thanks to The Completionist's Review, I've decided to try the game out again. I'd say, now that I'm giving the game a fair chance, it's... merely alright. The controls are a bit clunky, and the framerates are bad. I've heard the sequels are better, so I'll reserve my full judgment on the series until I play the Ezio Trilogy.

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows: Last month, the first DLC was released for Shovel Knight, and it's Plague Knight's story pack, Plague of Shadows. Plague Knight has a double jump, throws potion-bombs that you can customize, and you can charge your jump to super-jump. The controls take a while to get used to, and I'd say Plague of Shadows is even harder than Shovel Knight's main story, but it's pretty good, and makes me look forward to the other DLC packs.

Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate - Deluxe Edition: The same day that Arkham Origins was released, a handheld sequel/spinoff was released for the 3DS and PSVita called Arkham Origins: Blackgate. It was later ported to PS3, XB360, Wii U, and Steam, and that's the version I'm playing. It's kinda like a 2.5D Metroidvania version of an Arkham game, and... it's okay. The controls aren't up to par with the rest of the series, and the graphics didn't receive much of an upgrade from the handhelds. But hey, at least the alternate outfits give different effects for once.

So, that's this week's news, and the games I've been playing. Hopefully there'll be more news this next week.

HBM, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hai comments!